Thursday, October 20, 2011

season of thankfulness.


it's the beginning of the Fall!! The weather is cool and crisp, and i'm starting to feel that amazing Fall feeling... the season of thankfulness. 

i have to much to be thankful for lately. My licensing process is well underway, and I have sent in my (hopefully) final shipment to the State Board... all I have to do is wait for them to send me my license number, and it'll be official!

And what's the point of being licensed if you don't have a job, right? I got offered a position yesterday at a local agency in adult day treatment. I'd like to say that it's official right now, but there are still some things to work out (drug test, background check, training, etc)... but we're thinking that as soon as I get my license number, I'll be ready to work. To think that I could be WORKING this time next week is so crazy to me. That's one part of my life that I have learned to love -- things happen suddenly and quickly... it's welcomed after having a couple months of calm and peace. 

I know how difficult it can be to get a job in today's economy/society, and I do not take it for granted at all how blessed I am to come right out of school and get a job. I'm very, very thankful, and I am preparing myself to work hard and help some people!

In other news.....

Ryan & I are planning on a date night tomorrow night. Yay!! I love our time we get to spend together, and we are actually getting to go OUT this week! (Love pay days!) I'll surely post pictures next week of where we went. I'm excited :)

Saturday... I'm really excited about this, too. I get to spend time with LOTS of family - some people I've never even met! This is my Mammaw's side of the family - The Reece side. One thing that's got me REALLY excited is that I get to see my Great Aunt Helen (my mammaw's sister - she lives in Little Rock). She's had some health problems this year, and I hope this little reunion will lift her spirits. She and my Mammaw are the only remaining members of their generation in the Reece family. They're BFF's, and I know they're pumped to get to spend all this time together. 

What makes it pretty cool is that we're all heading to my Aunt Helen's son's lakehouse on Lake Eufala in Oklahoma. It's a little bit of a drive, but I hear that it's BEAUTIFUL and close to the water. There will be tons of food, family, and laughs I'm sure. Family events used to be a "drag" to me when I was younger... but as I'm getting older, I get excited to see my family and learn more about our history (My husband's love of family history has definitely rubbed off on me, too). Plus, if I get to spend time with Mammaw and Aunt Helen, I'm the happiest girl in the world. They are seriously some of the wittiest, funniest women... and they're 83 and 88 years old! I cherish them so much, and I'm anticipating everything on Saturday that it's hard for me to focus on much else! :)


 this is aunt helen & me before i got my wedding dress last year!

mammaw, aunt helen, and me. love them so much!

I have lots of ideas for interesting posts... and maybe i'll post more than once this week :) I was just excited to share my news: job, licensing, dates, and family events! 

im thankful.
carrie anne

0 comments:

Post a Comment