Wednesday, October 26, 2011

lovin life.


well, our weekend turned out pretty awesome. our date night on friday turned into something we hadn't had planned at all, but it was wonderful to get to hang out with some friends we hadn't seen in a while. We went to Amilya & Noel's house and Bobby John even came over (and updated us on Aletha)... it was seriously a really good time, and we talked about "life." I love those times when you can just open up with good friends and share honestly... hopefully we will get to hang out again soon. 


the day at the lake with family was more than I could have hoped for, and I am so thankful I got that time with them! There was SO much food... I even made 3 desserts. I'm trying to branch out and become that "wife" and woman who actually adds to the table instead of just showing up and taking :)  I think my stuff turned out really well. It's always a good sign when you don't have anything to take home!

Here's what I made:


These are peanut butter/chocolate no bake cookies.  

s'more cups :) yummm 

 sugared crock pot pecans. 


And here are some pictures from the Family Lake Day

 people sitting out on the front porch area

 mom & mammaw by the dessert table

mammaw & me 

some of the boys playing washers 

 view of the lake from the back of the lakehouse. sooo gorgeous

 aunt helen, bella, & mammaw. Great, great aunt & great-grandmother 

 my beautiful momma in front of the lake

 me and mom by the water

 me and two of my favorite women

 sisters! :)

bella playing with the hay. such a cute spot for a picture. 


well, one reason i love Fall is the fact that there seems to be SO much going on. Between football games, family events, holidays, birthdays, home group, etc... there's always something to keep us busy. I honestly really love it. There's nothing like this time of the year - I'm already REALLY ready for November, and that's a good thing because it's less than a week away (if you can believe that!!!!). 

we've got some plans for this weekend... we might go watch a high school football game friday night (i like them the best when it's cold outside). Saturday, I've got a bridal shower to go to... can't believe I actually get to see my friend Kat this weekend!!! I'm so VERY excited... to see her, for her upcoming wedding, and to FINALLY meet her fiance. Ryan and I get the pleasure of meeting David and hanging out with him and Kat Saturday night. [[And we're praying for cold weather for them since it's so warm in Austin. We need to give them a break from the Texas heat!!]] Good times ahead. Sunday, we've got our newlywed Home Group, and we're anxious for that since we had to miss last time. 

I'm still waiting on my license number from the state board. That's the only thing keeping me from working and of course, making money. Let's pray for that to come in the mail soon, too :) The break from work and school has been nice, but I'm ready to feel productive and have a schedule again! And possibly... put a Dr. in front of my name. Yes, getting my Ph.D has been heavily on my mind, and I'm still working out in my brain if I will go for it. All in God's plan!

Lots of things going on. Feels like the transition toward the holidays is almost here. I can't wait. It's my favorite time of year to spend with Ryan Keith. :) 

im thankful.
carrie anne

0 comments:

Post a Comment