Wednesday, October 26, 2011

cookin with carrie anne.

so in my last post, i mentioned that i made three desserts for my Family Lake Day. I figured that I would at least post the recipes... even though I forgot to take pictures of each step :)

First up, S'more Cups!!!!

What you'll need:  
7 whole graham crackers
1/4 cup powdered sugar 
6 tablespoons butter, melted
4 bars of milk chocolate candy (I used 2 packages of fun-sized Hershey bars... actually cheaper than buying the big bars!)
12 large marshmallows

So - you preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Crush the graham crackers until they are very fine - use a ziploc plastic bag and smash away!! Combine those graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, and butter in a small bowl. 


I used mini cupcake liners, but you can certainly just put them straight in the pan. You'll put a tablespoon or so of the graham cracker mixture in each one.

here they are all filled up!

what you do next is a very technical term I like to call "smushing." :) My big toe thumb seems to be the perfect fit for these mini cupcake tins... I'm sure there's a kitchen utensil perfect for this, but why not use what God gave me? :)


You'll smush each one to make a shallow cup and then bake for 4-5 minutes or until the edges are bubbly. Next, you'll place a rectangle of chocolate in each cup (this is why I thought the mini candy bars would be easier). 


Next, you cut the 12 marshmallows in half (if you run your scissors under cold water before you do it, it makes it a little easier). You'll place one half of the marshmallow (cut side down) on each cup. Then you'll put it back in the oven 1-2 minutes, or until the marshmallows are a little soft. 
Remove from the oven and let cool completely. 


Finally, melt your remaining chocolate in the microwave (I just put it in there for 20 second intervals and stirred after each one). Grab a spoon and drizzle the melted chocolate over the top of the marshmallows, and you've got yourself a s'more cup. Let it stand about an hour for everything to set... or if you want the campfire feel, dig in :)


Next up: Sugared Crock Pot Pecans

What you'll need
16 ounces pecan halves
1/2 cup melted butter
1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
1 and 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon allspice

Stir the pecans in a 4 quart crock pot with the melted butter until combined. Then add the confectioner's sugar until all the pecans are coated. Cover and cook on high for 15 minutes. Next, take off the lid and cook on low for two hours (or until the pecans are covered with a nice glaze and are pretty crispy). 
Move the pecans to a bowl, combine all the spices, and toss together. I put a lid on the bowl and really shook them pretty good :)  Enjoy! -- Tastes just like the holidays!



Finally, No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies!!

What you'll need
1 cup confectioner's sugar
1 and 1/3 cups peanut butter (I used chunky for more crunch)
1 cup white corn syrup
4 cups rice or wheat cereal, like Special K. (I used Special K, Chocolate Delight - the chocolate pieces melted perfectly and made it taste SO good!)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pinch salt

Blend syrup, sugar, vanilla, and salt in a microwave-safe bowl for 4 minutes (or until it boils and sugar dissolves).
Stir in peanut butter, then add the cereal.
Drop by teaspoonfuls (I made them much bigger) onto waxed paper. Let cool before boxin em up!

that's it!! Those were seriously some of the easiest desserts I've ever made. Apparently they tasted pretty good, too... I had none leftover! :) Enjoy!

carrie anne

0 comments:

Post a Comment